Health and Safety Policy Statement
The management of Rochon Building Corporation are vitally interested in the health and safety of its workers. Protection of workers from injury or occupational disease is a major continuing objective. Rochon Building Corporation recognizes that workers have the right to a healthy and safe work environment and therefore is fully committed to providing a safe workplace that promotes occupational health. All employers, supervisors and workers must be dedicated to the continuing objective of reducing risk of injury.
Supervisors will be held accountable for the health and safety of workers under their supervision by ensuring:
- Machinery and equipment are maintained and used in a safe manner only by trained workers,
- Workers adhere to established safe work practices and procedures,
- Workers are provided with adequate training in their specific task to protect their health and safety.
Workers, including sub-contractors, employed by Rochon Building Corporation must actively participate in the health and safety program to protect their own health and safety. This includes:
- Knowing the hazards in the workplace,
- Working in compliance with the law and with established safe work practices and procedures of Rochon Building Corporation, its clients and the general contractor,
- Refusing unsafe work
Workers will receive information, training and competent supervision in their specific work tasks to protect their health and safety. Workers are encouraged to work collaboratively and cooperatively with respect to health and safety with Management.
Commitment to health and safety must form an integral part of this organization, from the president to the workers. It is in the best interest of all parties to consider health and safety in every activity. Rochon Building Corporation is committed to working jointly with relevant personnel in the development and implementation of the Health and Safety Program.
Rochon Building Corporation, as the employer, is ultimately responsible for worker health and safety. As president, I give you my personal commitment that I will comply with my duties under the Act, including taking every reasonable precaution for the protection of workers in the workplace.